Hansard debatesSearch Hansard
New Search is a basic search that interrogates Hansard for keywords entered in the search box.
Advanced Search provides additional options to filter a search. These include:
- With these words in the Title field (for example, 'International Women's Day')
- House (Legislative Assembly or Legislative Council)
- Party (only for 58th Parliament onwards)
- Return speeches from (Last 7 days, Last 30 days et cetera)
- Speech activity type (see Activities Help for more information)
- Year, Month, Day
On the Advanced Search page, multiple values can be checked for the Current members, Former
members, Year, Month and Day filters.
- The catalogue will search for exactly what you type in. If you have difficulty
finding an item, check your spelling and then try again.
- To find a specific phrase in Hansard, use the With all the words search field on the Advanced search page.
- The search engine automatically searches plurals and morphological variations on
keywords entered - for example, searching 'consult' yields results for 'consult',
'consults', 'consulting', 'consultant', 'consultants' et cetera.
- Search is not case sensitive - 'Premier' will yield the same results as 'premier'.
- On the search results page, click the title to see the full text of a contribution.
To see the contribution in context, download the PDF or refer to the Browse Hansard page.
- Use a comma when searching for specific large numbers (e.g. 35,000).
This is important when searching for Questions on Notice that exceed 9999.